pseudocoordinates

Rafael Shusterovich rafael.sh.77 at GMAIL.COM
Fri Jan 21 21:55:19 UTC 2011

Hello John,

"vzjal i umer" means "he died at once", while "On slomal sebe nogu" only
means "he broke *his* leg" -- a slight escalation from "On slomal nogu",
where an elliptic construction (without "*his*") only theoretically may be
understood as "somebody's leg". In practical Russian, the phrase without
"his" is also perfect.

Regards,
Rafael