Translation question

Giuliano Vivaldi giulianovivaldi at HOTMAIL.COM
Fri Jan 28 17:12:27 UTC 2011

Many thanks for the replies - I agree that keeping both Russian and classical references may be rather jarring and will go against the grain of the text as a whole - the text is a very polemical text whose target is State-sponsored patriotism/nationalism in contemporary Russia and it may be just that I'll have to undertranslate here - I also think that the reference to matryoshky would more likely to hit the mark than talk of penates although it still is only in the text as a symbol of false & phony patriotism rather than being referred in a denotative manner.