Untranslated Russian novels that should be

Jules Levin ameliede at EARTHLINK.NET
Sun Jul 3 04:27:26 UTC 2011

On 7/2/2011 5:18 AM, Howard Turner wrote:
> A couple of months ago I was at a discussion organised
> Dear SEELANGS,
>
> A couple of months ago I was at a discussion organised by some publishers here
> in London who were looking for books (novels, perhaps fiction in general) for
> translation from Russian, among a number of other languages.
>

> I wonder if SEELANGERs have some ideas to put forward?  It's not a question for
> prolonged research, but something at the level of 'I wish *that* was translated
> so I could give it to my family and friends'; 'I've never understood why *that*
> hasn't been translated' [etc]
Why only novels?  As far as I know, Prince Yusupov's "Ubiystvo
Rasputina"--a first-person detailed description/confession-- has not
been translated.  A chilling and fascinating read; the richest man in
Russia was playing American pop records on his Victrola as the plotters
were entertaining Rasputin.
There are also non-fiction explorers' accounts, etc.
Jules Levin