"Assassin of the Tsar" (1991) Malcolm McDowell w/ English subtitles

Stephanie Briggs sdsures at GMAIL.COM
Sun Jul 10 17:35:25 UTC 2011

Dear SEELANGers,

Does anyone know whether this movie is available on DVD with English
subtitles inside the UK?

I found it in segments on Youtube, but without any subtitles, and parts of
it are narrated in Russian only. There is a copy available on
Ebay.co.ukwith an English soundtrack and Polish subtitles, but what I
was really
hoping to find was one with English subtitles, as hearing the parts that are
in Russian dubbed in English wouldn't be very constructive for my Russian
education.

This listing on ebay.com looks promising, if they really will ship to the UK
for free. Thoughts?
http://cgi.ebay.com/Assassin-Tsar-NEW-PAL-Arthouse-DVD-M-McDowell-/190467413286?pt=US_DVD_HD_DVD_Blu_ray&hash=item2c58be1526#shId

Also, I'm a little confused - does McDowell speak Russian in it? He appears
to be the only non-Russian actor involved.

Thanks!

Stephanie Briggs