changes in visa process

Park, Lynda lypark at PITT.EDU
Wed Jul 13 20:04:39 UTC 2011

As ASEEES has been writing many advocacy letters of late, we would be willing to take the lead in writing a letter to the Russian embassy as well as other relevant Russian administrative offices.

If you could send me clear descriptions of the issues, I can issue a letter of concern quickly.

Regards,

Lynda Park, Executive Director
Association for Slavic, East European, and Eurasian Studies
(formerly AAASS)
203C Bellefield Hall
University of Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh, PA 15260-6424
USA
(412) 648-9788 (direct), 648-9911 (main)
(412) 648-9815 (fax)
www.aseees.org
Find us on Facebook
Join us on LinkedIn
Follow us on Twitter

-----Original Message-----
From: SEELANGS: Slavic & East European Languages and Literatures list [mailto:SEELANGS at bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of Jane Costlow
Sent: Wednesday, July 13, 2011 1:45 PM
To: SEELANGS at bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: [SEELANGS] changes in visa process

  Just so everyone knows, here's Travisa's response to my inquiry of how
to proceed (since the Russian Embassy site is down):

Good afternoon, there is an issue with the Russia web site, may I
suggest that you try again later.

Several people mentioned good agencies to work with - it does seem the
issue here isn't the agencies, but the Russian Embassy webpage.

Might this be a time to ask our professional organizations to raise the
issue?

Jane