Query: Adoption in Post-Soviet Film/TV/Fiction

Beach Gray beach.gray at GMAIL.COM
Thu Jul 28 18:08:57 UTC 2011

Dear Professor Eliot Borenstein,

I am not sure of your specific research interests, but Timur Bekmambetov's
recent film _Six Degrees of Celebration_ (2010) features child protagonists
who live in an orphanage in Kaliningrad/Koenigsberg.  Like _A Driver for
Vera_,though, the adoption at the end is more metaphorical than formal.  My
recent review in _KinoKultura_ may help you decide if this is relevant for
your research:

http://www.kinokultura.com/2011/33r-elki.shtml

I hope this helps!

Best,

Beach.

Beach Gray
Graduate Student
Department of Slavic Literatures and Languages
University of Pittsburgh