Query: Adoption in Post-Soviet Film/TV/Fiction

Gerald McCausland gmmst11 at PITT.EDU
Thu Jul 28 16:20:20 UTC 2011

Hello Eliot:

Pavel Chukhrai's 2004 film "A Driver For Vera" ends with an adoption of
sorts, albeit more metaphorical than formal. I'm not sure what your
specific interest is, but the whole issue of orphanhood, with it's
mandatory accompaniments--maternal faith(ful/less)ness, paternal
(il)legitimacy, national (lack of) identity--is central to this film's
thematic.

Best,
	Jerry

On 7/27/2011 3:27 PM, Eliot Borenstein wrote:
> Dear SEELANGERS,
>
> Would anyone happen to know of any post-Soviet works of fiction, film, or television, dealing with adoption?  Feel free to reply off-list, and I'll report back the results to SEELANGS.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Eliot Borenstein
>

> Eliot Borenstein, Acting Chair
> Professor, Russian&  Slavic Studies
> Collegiate Professor
> Provostial Fellow
> New York University
> 19 University Place, Room 212
> New York, NY 10003
> (212) 998-8676 (office)
> (212) 995-4055 (fax)

>    options, and more.  Visit and bookmark the SEELANGS Web Interface at:
>                      http://seelangs.home.comcast.net/

Gerald McCausland, PhD
Lecturer and Russian Language Coordinator
Acting Undergraduate Adviser
Slavic Languages and Literatures
University of Pittsburgh
gmmst11 at pitt.edu