options for self-study of Russian

Stephanie Briggs sdsures at GMAIL.COM
Sun Mar 20 14:26:58 UTC 2011

Malavika,

I live in the English West Midlands, and am in much the same situation as
your student; I have a BA (not Honours) in Russian but have been considering
upgrading my skills so that I can apply to a Master's in Translation
programme at Portsmouth University.

The Russian Learning Centre (based in London) does offer distance ed private
tutoring at all levels, over the Internet, though the distance ed offering
is relatively new, as is the company itself. I have been investigating this
option for some time because commuting to London isn't possible for me.
 Here is their website:

http://russiancentre.co.uk/

The site doesn't actually say they offer distance ed, but when I spoke with
the contact person, they said they could make such a programme for me. Mine
is on hold at the moment because I am studying for a test to allow me to
live indefinitely in the UK.

Hope that helps.

Stephanie
<http://russiancentre.co.uk/>
~Stephanie D. (Sures) Briggs
http://skepticalspoonie.blogspot.com/ <http://sdsures.blogspot.com/>

Come have a look at my handmade knitted afghans and scarves!
http://warmochfuzzy.etsy.com/
http://warm-och-fuzzy.blogspot.com/

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/sdsures
Facebook:  <http://warmochfuzzy.etsy.com/>