options for self-study of Russian

Emily Saunders emilka at MAC.COM
Sun Mar 20 19:56:11 UTC 2011

Hello,

Your friend might want to check out the offerings at blendedschools.net

They do online classes using Blackboard and Wimba classroom.  There
are regularly scheduled classes with other students (some college
level) where you log on with a headset and mic and participate in
online real time classroom activities.  And then there are homework
assignments to be completed between classes.  It provides a certain
flexibility in that if you can figure out time zone differences you
can log in while out and traveling.  And if you can't make it to a
particular class, they archive it so that you can download it as a
podcast to listen to (and/or watch) at a later date.

Emily Saunders