Study abroad question

Brett Cooke brett-cooke at tamu.edu
Mon May 30 12:52:11 UTC 2011

I can comment in some respects on the University of Arizona program in
Moscow. Through GRINT they are presently serving as the hosts to our Russian
study abroad program.

The Moscow location is gorgeous. GRINT rents space at the Moscow Humanities
University (MOSGU) across the street from Kuskovo. Although we are wondering
(like other Muscovites) where are the nightinggales, the setting is
otherwise bucolic. Beautifully tended, classic-style buildings in a forested
park setting, a short bus or marshrutka ride (or about a mile walk) from
Vykhino Station at the southeast end of the purple line.

Our students praise their dorm rooms and the cafeteria food. We have been
pleased with their teachers. And the thoughtful GRINT staff has a "can-do"
attitude. Some of the students who arrived yesterday are also repeat
customers. There are two lines of security--a walled campus, with guards
posted at dorm entrances.

Brett Cooke
Texas A&M University