translation help

William Derbyshire Wwdslovene at AOL.COM
Sun Nov 6 17:32:06 UTC 2011

Dear SEELANGERS,
I am helping a friend translate his academic credentials, and I have come
across
two terms that have stumped me. Can anyone suggest good translations?
1.) the first has to do with the teaching of foreign as a:    estestvennaya
spetsial'nost
            Eto chto  takoe??
2.) What would be the American equivalent for:  Vysshaya  Attestatsionnaya
Kommissiya ?

Many thanks in advance.   WWD