post-Soviet reference works

Nafpaktitis, Margarita nafpaktitis at LIBRARY.UCLA.EDU
Thu Oct 13 00:59:42 UTC 2011

Dear Colleagues,

The reference librarian here at the UCLA library is interested in putting together an exhibition of reference works that would speak in some way or another to the collapse of the Soviet Union. It's an intriguing idea, and I was wondering if any of you had suggestions for particularly dramatic or illustrative examples of Soviet > post-Soviet reference resources (handbooks, dictionaries, encyclopedias, indexes) that I could pass along? Ideally, these would be displayable books/objects, but online resources could also be highlighted.

Thank you in advance for your storming of brains!

Yours,
Margarita

Margarita Nafpaktitis, Ph.D. | Librarian for Slavic & East European Studies
Charles E. Young Research Library | UCLA
A1540 Charles E. Young Research Library | Box 951575 | Los Angeles CA 90095-1575 | USA
office: 310-825-1639 | fax: 310-825-3777 | nafpaktitis at library.ucla.edu<mailto:nafpaktitis at library.ucla.edu>
http://ucla.academia.edu/MargaritaNafpaktitis | http://www.linkedin.com/in/nafpaktitism | @nafpaktitism