Annual Census of College Russian, other Slavic, and EE lang. programs

Kevin Moss moss at MIDDLEBURY.EDU
Wed Sep 28 23:51:29 UTC 2011

I'm curious if anyone else experienced a drop in enrollments this year.

At Middlebury we have the lowest enrollments in First Year Russian (17) in some 10 years. I had thought we were out of the slump for good!

I'm curious as to whether our numbers are a result of internal factors (opening an additional section of Arabic / not offering a first year seminar)
or external (Russia out of the news, eclipsed by the Arab Spring).

Kevin Moss
Middlebury College