Annual Census of College Russian, other Slavic, and EE lang. programs

John Schillinger jschill at AMERICAN.EDU
Wed Sep 28 21:12:02 UTC 2011

	The Fall 2011 Committee on College and Pre-College (CCPCR) census of
college and university Russian programs is now underway.   We are
requesting current college and university enrollments now that the
semester is underway and class numbers have, for the most part,
stabilized.   Hopefully, things have settled down for the fall
semester, and we'd appreciate it if an appropriate representative of
your institution's  program would take a couple of minutes to help us
follow and publish the national trends in our discipline.   Last
year's data reflected stability and some growth in enrollments--we
need to know if this trend is continuing.
	As in the past, we are requesting only 1st and 2nd year enrollments
in Russian.  In addition to Russian, we are also listing any OTHER
SLAVIC and EE LANGUAGES taught at each institution.  Over 80
institutions responded last year, and their data is now available on
the website (just click on the website address below to get to the
home page and the College/University enrollment data).  Along with
Russian enrollments, we will list those additional languages; and if
the data are provided, the enrollments at the first and 2nd year
levels in those languages.

	The CCPCR website and the CCPCR e-mail response link can be accessed
by clicking on the website address below.  Each year, CCPCR provides a
national overview of the extent and trends of offerings in Slavic and
EE languages which emerges from the running comparison of college and
university enrollment responses.

	You can easily check to see if your institution has responded in past
years and view data from other institutions dating back to 2002 by
selecting:

(http://www1.american.edu/research/CCPCR/COLLEGEENROLL.htm)

	To provide your program's information, please send it in an e-mail
to: ccpcr at american.edu  (Before sending the data, please check the
College Enrollment link above to see exactly what information is
posted.)

	We look forward to hearing from both our regularly participating
institutions and those that have previously missed the opportunity to
contribute to this growing base of data!

John Schillinger, Emeritus Prof. of Russian
Chair, CCPCR
Committee on College and Pre-College Russian
e-mail: ccpcr at american.edu
website:
http://www1.american.edu/research/CCPCR/