two translation questions

William Derbyshire Wwdslovene at AOL.COM
Wed Sep 28 21:17:42 UTC 2011

In a message dated 9/28/2011 2:58:19 P.M. Mountain Daylight Time,
paulbg at PBG-TRANSLATIONS.COM writes:

Without  more context, hard to say. Certificates can have expiration
dates, too;  this is not the key distinction. Are we talking about a
document that  authorizes the holder to perform some class of activity
such as practicing  medicine, driving a car?
Thank you so much, Paul and Inna and others who replied to my  questions!
Precisely! The "certificate" was valid for five years to practice as a
cardiologist,
so I am changing it to "license".

Yes.  Терапия is what we call "internal medicine," so a practitioner
would be an  internist.
False friends! Apparently the word "therapeutist" used to be used in
English, and
Google immediately routes you to "therapist".
Again my sincere thanks.

WWD