Ukrainian Folklore Audio

Natalie Kononenko nataliek at UALBERTA.CA
Mon Aug 27 21:40:24 UTC 2012

Dear members of SEELANGS,

Just wanted to let you know that we have uploaded a number of new
translations of songs to the Ukrainian Folklore Audio website.

To remind you of this site and its purpose: 3 years ago I got a Canadian
federal grant to use crowd sourcing to process my folklore recordings.  We
selected songs, tales, and accounts of beliefs and posted them on a special
site.  Anyone can look at the site and I urge you to see the new postings.  The
URL is http://research.artsrn.ualberta.ca/ukrfolklore/index.html

We asked volunteers to transcribe and/or translate the available texts.  We
posted 79 songs, 64 short tales, and 34 accounts of beliefs.  So far, 38
songs have been both transcribed and translated and 8 more have been
transcribed only.  If you would like to volunteer to do any of the
transcription or translation, we would love to have you participate.  Your
feedback about the site and how it works is also most welcome.  Crowd
sourcing is a new practice and learning about this practice and how to make
it maximally rewarding for participants is most useful.
--
Natalie Kononenko
Kule Chair of Ukrainian Ethnography