dictionary app

Josh Wilson jwilson at SRAS.ORG
Tue Aug 28 05:38:39 UTC 2012

The Multitran online dictionary allows you to download. It's a
user-supported dictionary and occasionally has some oddities - but is pretty
comprehensive. I'm not sure what the user interface of the downloadable
version is like.

I personally use AbbyLingvo which can be downloaded for about $25 if you are
looking for just Rus>Eng. Also comprehensive and a very convenient
interface.

Both of these and more resources can be found linked to from here:
http://www.sras.org/library_russian_language

Best,

Josh Wilson
Assistant Director
The School of Russian and Asian Studies
Editor in Chief
Vestnik, The Journal of Russian and Asian Studies
SRAS.org
jwilson at sras.org

-----Original Message-----
From: SEELANGS: Slavic & East European Languages and Literatures list
[mailto:SEELANGS at LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf Of Emily Saunders
Sent: Monday, August 27, 2012 11:00 PM
To: SEELANGS at LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: [SEELANGS] dictionary app

Not sure how comprehensive it is, but it's free for an iPhone and seems to
have a decent user interface:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/wordlink-russian-english-dictionary/id3619515
38?mt=8

On Aug 27, 2012, at 11:00 AM, Giuseppe A. Ricci wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am a student working in St. Petersburg. At the Institute where I am
workiing there is no wireless internet, so I cannot use the online
dictionary which is necessary for me to read difficult academic articles and
books. Can someone suggest a free downloadable Russian dictionary which I
can find and use without needing an internet connection. This would be a
great help!