Fwd: Conference at Columbia University, February 23rd - 25th: "Legacies of the Russian Avant-Garde"

Marijeta Bozovic metabozovic at GMAIL.COM
Tue Feb 14 03:03:33 UTC 2012

Dear colleagues,

We would like to invite you to a conference at Columbia University this
February 23rd - 25th, on the topic of "Legacies of the Russian
Avant-Garde." The conference line-up is truly remarkable -- we open with a
screening of Michael Nyman's new film "NYman with a Movie Camera," continue
with keynotes by Boris Groys and Svetlana Boym, include a bilingual poetry
reading at our first reception (featuring the stars of the Russian-New
Yorker  Ugly Ducking Press), and feature brilliant panelists across the
board.

Like the subjects it covers, we hope that "Legacies of the Russian
Avant-Garde" will be beautiful and provocative. I hope that some of you can
join us -- and would be deeply grateful if you could forward the invitation
to any interested, New York-based friends and colleagues. See
http://www.harrimaninstitute.org/events/conferences.html for further
details.

yours sincerely, and the avant-garde lives,
Marijeta Bozovic (Colgate University) and Maksim Hanukai (Columbia
University)

Legacies of the Russian Avant-Garde is supported by the Harriman Institute,
Columbia University Seminars, and the Columbia Slavic Department
contact mbozovic at colgate.edu and mh2623 at columbia.edu with any questions