a content-based course on corruption

Perova Natasha perova09 at GMAIL.COM
Sat Jan 21 08:39:47 UTC 2012

Dear Elena
the following books (published by Glas in English translation) are about
"current practices" in today's Russia:
Roman Senchin, Minus, a novel.

An old Siberian town surviving the perestroika dislocation

(also his novel THE YELTYSHEVS -- I have a long excerpt in English)

Maria Galina, Iramifications, a novel.

Adventures of today's Russian traders in medieval East

Sea Stories. Army Stories by Alexander Pokrovsky and Alexander Terekhov

realities of life inside the army today

Alexander Selin, The New Romantic, modern parables

Valery Ronshin, Living a Life, Totally Absurd Tales

War & Peace, army stories versus women's stories:

a compelling portrait of post-post-perestroika Russia

Squaring the Circle. Winners of Debut (young authors view of life in
provincial Russia.)

Mendeleev Rock, two short novels by Andrei Kuzechkin from Novgorod and Pavel
Kostin from Kaliningrad.

And of course this portrait of current Russia through its colloquialisms:

Michele Berdy, The Russian Word's Worth.

A humorous and informative guide to the Russian language, culture and
translation.

In fact, most of our other titles would be pertinent too.

Natasha Perova
Glas New Russian Writing
tel/fax: (7)495-4419157
perova at glas.msk.su