AW: [SEELANGS] Khlebnikov - Odinokii litsedei

FIEGUTH Rolf rolf.fieguth at UNIFR.CH
Mon Mar 5 09:31:44 UTC 2012

Olga,

be sure that you are not alone te be able to hear dativus absolutus. But I dare say that in this case you are mishearing. "Pylat' chelu" is a clear case of dativus commodi.
Best wishes,

Rolf Fieguth
Von: SEELANGS: Slavic & East European Languages and Literatures list [SEELANGS at bama.ua.edu] im Auftrag von Olga Meerson [meersono at GEORGETOWN.EDU]
Gesendet: Montag, 5. März 2012 04:28
An: SEELANGS at bama.ua.edu
Betreff: Re: [SEELANGS] Khlebnikov - Odinokii litsedei

Denis:
Whatever it is called, to me it sounds analogous to the Church
Slavonic "дверем затворенным" "учеником собравшимся" "камени
запечатану от иудей и воином стрегущим пречистое тело Твое"
"утру глубоку"

I have no idea if it is called dative absolutus; most likely it
is. What I meant by ablative was simply that its function was
adverbial. But what you are really disagreeing with me about is
the content: you do not hear what I hear here.  Those
differences happen. I still hear that function of the dative.