Pussy Riot

Maxim Marusenkov maxim at MARUSENKOV.RU
Mon Mar 19 07:09:53 UTC 2012

Whoa! I have almost missed all the show!

Vladimir, if you honestly don't see how the church and the political power
are intertwined in modern Russia then the Pussy Riot case is a dramatic
example. I think that article by Stanislav Belkovsky dots all the i's and
crosses all the t's:

http://www.mk.ru/politics/article/2012/03/10/679850-russkaya-panktserkov-mos
kovskogo-patriarhata.html

Modern Russian Orthodox Church has very little to do with Orthodoxy and
Christianity. It's a business structure and the main purpose of it is
justifying the regime of crooks and thieves. A classic "opiate for the
masses" comes to mind. If the girls were dancing and shooting something like
"Hail Satan!" nobody cared too much about it. The situation is the same as
with Khodorkovsky who indeed is guilty of some economic crimes but that's
not the reason why he is in jail.

The Pussy Riot case coincided with the terrible crime in the Dalnij police
station. Thus we can see the logic of the system: raping a man with a
champagne bottle to death is a far less socially dangerous act than making a
performance against Putin in the cathedral. In the first case the criminal
was granted house arrest and in the second one it was impossible.

Best regards,
Maxim Marusenkov