Teaching Materials after "Face to Face" for High Schools and Colleges

Zita Dabars ZitaD at AOL.COM
Thu Mar 29 22:33:20 UTC 2012

Dear SEELANGERS:

Recent correspondence on SEELANGS about high school textbooks and, the
question: If teachers use Glencoe/McGraw Hill's textbooks, “Russian Face to Face,
” Levels 1 and 2, what do they use in more advanced classes brings me to
write this e-mail. I hesitate to write, as a coauthor of the teaching
materials I refer to below, since authors are suspect if they recommend their own
materials. However, the materials to which I will refer to are available from
four sources and clarification on what can be obtained from each of these
sources may be of help. And, of course, I do think that they are great! Before
the answer to what materials can be used beyond Levels 1 and 2 of “Face to
Face,” here is information on those two textbooks.

TO START, REGARDING 'RUSSIAN FACE TO FACE” Level 1 FOR HIGH SCHOOLS:
The Student Text (O844243000-0), Teacher's Edition (0844243078), Student
Workbook (0844242977), Assessment Package (084424323X), and Video Program, “
Russian Faces: Language and People” (084424371X) are available from:
Glencoe/McGraw-Hill, Customer Service Department, Telephone 1-877-833-5524,
1-800-334-7344, SEG customerservice at mcgraw-hill.com. I am not certain about the
availability of the Audiocassettes for the Teacher's Edition or the Answer Key
for the Workbook. If interested, please contact me.

REGARDING 'RUSSIAN FACE TO FACE,' Level 2 for HIGH SCHOOLS: Student Text
(0844243108), Teacher's Edition (0844243124), Student Workbook (0844243116),
and Answer Key (0844243167) are available from Glencoe/McGraw-Hill Customer
Service Department Telephone 1-877-833-5524, 1-800-334-7344, SEG
customerservice at mcgraw-hill.com.
* “Assessment   Package“ (Test Packet (60 tests), Audiotape & Answer Key)
and 94-minute Video/DVD Program: “Visit to Russia: Friends and Places” and
192-page teaching Resource Manual are available from Basil Products: Zita
Dabars, telephone and fax: 1-410-821-1994, Basil Products,
http://basilproducts.com.   There is also information on additional materials.

TEACHING MATERIALS BEYOND “FACE TO FACE,”- FOR HIGH SCHOOLS AND COLLEGES

Now to the question raised in SEELANGS about appropriate teaching materials
beyond these two levels. Continuation of grammar and vocabulary treatment
and cultural information appear in the following two textbooks and their
auxiliary. They can be used as independent products, both on the high school and
college level. Contact the pertinent websites for author and price
information:

THIRD LEVEL - INTERMEDIATE. Textbook “Russian Faces and Voices”
(0-7872-0504-4) and “Exercise Book for Russian Faces and Voices” (0-7872-1423-X are
available from Kendall/Hunt Publishing Company, Telephone 1-800-228-0810,
http://www.kendallhunt.com, tbower at kendallhunt.com.
*Audio for the textbook, Audio Guide and Suggested Use of “Russian Faces
and Voices” audio files, and Instructor's Manual are available free as a
download from the American Council of Teachers of Russian (ACTR). For download
information (web address, login, and password) contact: tbower at kendallhunt.com
.
*A 102-minute Video/DVD program “In Search of Orlovsky” with a 186-page
Teaching Resource Manual is   available from Basil Products: Zita Dabars,
telephone and fax 1-410-821-1994, Basil Products, http://basilproducts.com.

FOURTH LEVEL- INTERMEDIATE TO ADVANCED Textbook “Mir russkikh”
(0-7872-2471-5) and “Exercise Book for Mir russkikh” (0-7872-2733-1) are available
from Kendall/Hunt Publishing Company, Telephone 1-800-228-0810 ,
http://www.kendallhunt.com, tbower at kendallhunt.com.
*Audio for the textbook, Audio Guide-Suggested Use of Mir russkikh audio
files are available free as download from the American Council of Teachers of
Russian (ACTR). For download information (web address, login, and password)
contact: tbower at kendallhunt.com. Likewise, from the same source an Answer
Key to Mir russkikh and an Answer Key to the Exercise Book can be obtained.
*A 100-minute Video/DVD program “Russian Themes” with a 192-page Video
Resource Manual is available from Basil Products: Zita Dabars, telephone and
fax 1-410-821-1994, Basil Products, http://basilproducts.com.

FOR ALL LEVELS- “Russian Reference Grammar” (0-7872-4467) is available
from Kendall/Hunt Publishing Company. (See information above.)

I will happily answer any questions on the above, including information on
schools and colleges that are using the materials.

Zita Dabars, 7223 Lanark Road, Baltimore, MD 21212, Phone and fax: (410)
821-1994, E-mail: zitad at aol.com, Web site: www.basilproducts.com.