HIndenburg again

William Ryan wfr at SAS.AC.UK
Mon May 7 10:25:34 UTC 2012

Adding the word "general" might add more confusion. He was in fact a
field marshall from 1914 onwards, the time of his greatest fame and
popularity, and President of Germany from 1925 to 1934. Possibly the
most widely seen pictorial image of him, complete with jowls, is on the
postage stamps of that era, and in fact still in use with local
overstamps in German-controlled Alsace and Poland in 1940 (see the
Wikipedia article on Hindenberg).
Will Ryan