standardized Russian test

Svetlana Malykhina mlsvetka at yahoo.com
Thu May 17 22:28:25 UTC 2012

Dear Seelangers,

I have been asked by a high school student to recommend a testing centre in the US to take a standardized test to prove his proficiency in Russian for college. The student is going to apply to colleges and wants to get a formal proof of his Russian skills.
I have a quick query: First, is TORFL the only standardized (achievement) test to measure competency in Russian? Second: are there any authorized testing centres in the US or TORFL can only be taken in Russia? Third: since OPI is sometimes required for graduate study in another country or work for an international employer, can be OPI recommended to this student?

I'd be grateful for any information you could share and would appreciate any leads. Please reply on- or off-list at smalykhina at yahoo.com

Svitlana Malykhina