Two Dumb Questions

Fusso, Susanne sfusso at WESLEYAN.EDU
Sun May 27 15:17:10 UTC 2012

Dear colleagues,

I have two unrelated and possibly naive questions.  You can reply to me offlist at sfusso at wesleyan.edu.

1.  What have you found to be the best textbooks for second- and third-year Russian?  For second year, I'm particularly interested in texts that provide solid explanations of and drills for basic grammar and syntax.  I'm not so interested in bells and whistles.

2.  Is there a listing anywhere of recent Ph.D.'s in Slavic studies (encompassing not just literature but other disciplines)?  I cannot find anything on the ASEEES or AATSEEL websites, and the only recourse seems to be a laborious search through Dissertation Abstracts, which I'm not sure is capturing everything.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Best wishes,

Susanne

Susanne Fusso
Professor of Russian Language and Literature
Wesleyan University
262 High Street
Middletown, CT  06459
860-685-3123