Call for submissions: eXchanges

Valentino, Russell russell-valentino at UIOWA.EDU
Tue Nov 6 15:42:18 UTC 2012

Call for submissions: eXchanges

The University of Iowa's literary translation magazine eXchanges is seeking new poetry, fiction, and nonfiction in translation for our January 2013 issue. The submission period runs through December 1. For more information, please see our submission guidelines: http://exchanges.uiowa.edu/submissions/

Published biannually, eXchanges was founded by the poet and translator Daniel Weissbort, who envisioned the magazine as a venue for collaborations between translating students and visiting writers from the university's International Writing Program. In the 23 years since, the magazine has evolved to include outside translations of authors such as Günter Grass and texts, including the Bhagavad Gita, originally written in languages as diverse as Chamorro, Icelandic and Japanese. eXchanges publishes translations alongside original texts and is committed to making all of its content available online at http://exchanges.uiowa.edu.

For more information, please contact Alex Niemi and Sarah Viren, co-editors, at studorg-exchanges at uiowa.edu<mailto:studorg-exchanges at uiowa.edu>.

--

My apologies for duplicate postings. UMass Translation Center

19 Herter Hall

Amherst, MA 01002

(413) 545-2203; umass.translation at umasstranslation.com<mailto:umass.translation at umasstranslation.com>

http://www.umasstranslation.com/