Masters programs in Russia taught in English

Renee (Stillings) Huhs renee at ALINGA.COM
Fri Nov 9 18:04:14 UTC 2012

Julie,

MGIMO also now has I believe 3 Masters programs in English now.

See http://ip.mgimo.ru/

As for the language preparatory programs. While they might be OK if you are
a beginner and/or needing preparation for entry into science, math or other
special terminology programs, I would not recommend them for the humanities.
They tend to be large programs and focused on a very different contingent -
usually the large numbers of Chinese students matriculating into Russian
universities. You are better served by just taking Russian language study in
the philology faculty (or similar faculty - varies by university).

Best,
Renee

-----Original Message-----
From: SEELANGS: Slavic & East European Languages and Literatures list
[mailto:SEELANGS at LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf Of Julie Hersh
Sent: Thursday, November 08, 2012 5:42 PM
To: SEELANGS at LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: [SEELANGS] Masters programs in Russia taught in English

Dear SEELANGS,

I am in the process of researching/applying to graduate school in Russian
and Eastern European Studies. I am particularly interested in studying in
Russia (probably Moscow or St. Petersburg, though I am definitely open to
other suggestions) and was wondering if anyone could recommend a masters
program in this field taught in English. I've already heard about the one at
EUSP and am definitely planning to apply, but wanted to make sure I was not
missing anything.

I'm also wondering if anyone knows anything about the Russian language
preparatory courses at many Russian universities--how good are these? Is
there one you would recommend?

Thank you so much for your time.

Julie Hersh