hourly rate for translation

Lynn Visson lynnvisson at GMAIL.COM
Fri Nov 16 20:44:51 UTC 2012

I would be very cautious about blanket statements on interpreting rates
(and these have nothing to do with translation - that's a misuse of the
word).  There are a lot of factors here: is this community interpreting,
consecutive, or simultaneous (conference?) With equipment?  Is there a
team, or is the interpreter doing the job alone?  How long are the hours?
 Is the media involved (radio, TV interpreting?) How many languages are
involved? Depending on these factors rates could be much higher...

Lynn Visson