hourly rate for translation

William Derbyshire Wwdslovene at AOL.COM
Fri Nov 16 21:40:09 UTC 2012

Sasha,
There was absolutely nothing inappropriate about your question.  It is  an
extremely
important one, and there are lots of questions and problems  related  to
rates charged
for translation and / or interpretation. What happened with the ATA a
number of
years was that some US government office came after that organization
claiming that
the publishing of going rates was de facto encouraging price  fixing.
(Perhaps Paul can
elaborate further.) I am quite pleased with the variety of answers that
came in and has
made for an interesting discussion.
Bill  D.

William W.  Derbyshire
Professor Emeritus - Rutgers University
freelance translator -  Slavic languages
land line: 505-982-6646
cell: 520-400-9190

In a message dated 11/16/2012 2:15:46 P.M. Mountain Standard Time,