Arkadii Dragomoshchenko, 1946-2012

Jacob Edmond jacob.edmond at OTAGO.AC.NZ
Wed Sep 12 22:56:15 UTC 2012

Dear colleagues,

It is with great sadness that I have just learnt of the passing of Arkadii Dragomoshchenko. A truly great man and poet. Arkadii's writing was––is––an education in itself, always making me think again. But he taught me in other ways too. He looked after me very generously when, at the age of 22, I first met him in St Petersburg in 2000 and proposed, rather naively, to write about his work. His passing is a great loss. My thoughts are with his wife Zina, his son Ostap, the rest of his family, and his many friends.

СВЕТЛАЯ ПАМЯТЬ
REST IN PEACE

Аркадий Трофимович Драгомощенко
Arkadii Dragomoshchenko