An unhappy rumor about Russian's critical language status: anyone out there know anything?

Monnier, Nicole M. MonnierN at MISSOURI.EDU
Mon Sep 24 17:41:40 UTC 2012

Dear all,

I just heard an unhappy rumor that Russian may be stripped of its critical language status. (My source is a student who had an internship in Moscow through the State Dept this summer.)

I am hoping that it is groundless, but wondered whether anyone out there had any information?

Troubled,

Nicole

Dr. Nicole Monnier
Associate Teaching Professor of Russian
Director of Undergraduate Studies (Russian)
German & Russian Studies
428A Strickland (formerly GCB)
University of Missouri
Columbia, MO 65211