looking for a textbook on Russian Civilization

Katya Jordan katya.jordan at VT.EDU
Tue Apr 2 03:01:19 UTC 2013

Dear colleagues,

I would appreciate your help in identifying a book based on the following characteristics:

The book is about Russian culture/civilization.  It was published in the U.S. no less than twelve years ago, and it is intended for English-speaking high school students.  Some physical characteristics of the book that I remember is that its format is approximately 8.5x11’’, it is about 0.5’’ thick, and it has a brownish paperback cover.  It is black-and-white on the inside, and, besides regular text, it has some illustrations and a few crossword puzzles scattered here and there.  If I am not mistaken, it has a picture of an icon of a saint (or several saints) on the cover. Unfortunately, this is all the information I have.

Does any one know what book that is?

Thank you!

Katya Jordan
Virginia Tech