Качество and кража

Clare Kitson clare at CLAREKITSON.CO.UK
Wed Aug 7 15:02:42 UTC 2013

Thanks very much for all the helpful advice on качество and кража.
I'm still mulling over the possibilities for the former. ('Quiddity' is tempting, for a couple of places where I can introduce it so that people will know what it means.)
For the latter I'm reluctantly coming round to "theft". It has to be. In fact later in the text Khlebnikov does say the acquirers/appropriators/exploiters are trying to sanitize their actions in appropriating and exploiting the inventors' ideas, by dedicating monuments to them. So perhaps, in this extract, they're trying to distance themselves from the theft that they themselves most certainly committed.
Clare