Resources for Russian first name diminutives

Helena Goscilo goscilo at GMAIL.COM
Sun Aug 11 13:38:53 UTC 2013

A comparable *Словарь русских личных имен *of 1980, edited by Nikolai A.
Petrovskii, contains more than 20 diminutives for Vladimir, including
Vladia and Vlada, Ladia and Lada, Vovulia, Vovusia, Volia, and
... Dima--something any Dmitrii (Lzhe- or not) might resent. This handy
volume was brought out by Russkii iazyk, and it may be an earlier version
of the one cited by Steve. Extremely useful if still obtainable.

Helena

--
Any messages intended for the DSEELC Chair should be sent to the current
Chair, Yana Hashamova at hashamova.1 at osu.edu.