Films set in Russian-American Community in NY

Dassia Posner dassia2 at GMAIL.COM
Fri Aug 23 20:29:13 UTC 2013

Dear Seelangers,
I wonder if any of you might be able to suggest films that are set, in whole or in part, in the Russian-American community in New York?
I'm especially interested in Sheepshead Bay and Brighton Beach.  I'm trying to provide a visual and cultural sense of these communities for actors in a production at Steppenwolf Theatre Company for which I am the dramaturg.
Films can be either in Russian or in English.
Many thanks in advance.
All best,
Dassia
_____
Dassia N. Posner, Ph.D
Assistant Professor, Department of Theatre, Northwestern University