Films set in Russian-American Community in NY

B. Amarilis Lugo de Fabritz amarilis at BUGBYTES.COM
Fri Aug 23 22:36:55 UTC 2013

Brown University, Watson Center student documentary. Short, but really
really funny...

An AT&T New Media Fellow, Caroline Sagalchik '13 spent this past winter
and semester creating a documentary called "Of Sand and Fur" (above...
and you should definitely check it out) about the Russian-Jewish
immigrant community Brigthon Beach, Brooklyn. Brighton Beach is one of
the largest Russian-speaking immigrant communities in the country.
Through the fellowship, Caroline was able to interact with the community
in Brighton Beach and reach her audience by engaging with the topic of
assimilation.

The documentary was recently featured on the Watson Institute's website
<http://explore.watsoninstitute.org/index/brighton/>.

Regards
Amarilis Lugo de Fabritz