Films set in Russian-American Community in NY

Kelly Trimble theodora.trimble at GMAIL.COM
Sat Aug 24 06:04:37 UTC 2013

Dassia,

There is also Liubov' v bol'shom gorode (dir. Marius Vaisberg).

-KT

On Fri, Aug 23, 2013 at 4:29 PM, Dassia Posner <dassia2 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Seelangers,
> I wonder if any of you might be able to suggest films that are set, in
> whole or in part, in the Russian-American community in New York?
> I'm especially interested in Sheepshead Bay and Brighton Beach.  I'm
> trying to provide a visual and cultural sense of these communities for
> actors in a production at Steppenwolf Theatre Company for which I am the
> dramaturg.
> Films can be either in Russian or in English.
> Many thanks in advance.
> All best,
> Dassia
> _____
> Dassia N. Posner, Ph.D
> Assistant Professor, Department of Theatre, Northwestern University

Theodora "Kelly" Trimble
Department of Slavic Languages and Literatures
University of Pittsburgh
1417 Cathedral of Learning

4200 Fifth Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15260