American Home (Vladimir, Russia) Writing Exchange / Alternative Spring Break 2014

Johnson, David Matthew david.matthew.johnson at VANDERBILT.EDU
Mon Aug 26 19:13:51 UTC 2013

Dear Russian Language Teaching Colleagues,

The American Home in Vladimir, Russia, in cooperation with Dr. Alexei Altonen and the English faculty of the Department of Philology at Vladimir State University, is pleased to announce the 2013-2014 Russian-American Student Writing Exchange – an opportunity to provide advanced language students additional opportunities to write in Russian and communicate with their Russian peers.

This year we would like to pair whole classes of third and fourth year American students with their Russian peers from advanced English classes at Vladimir State University.

If you or your colleagues would like to provide your advanced Russian language students with additional writing and communication opportunities – or if you have any questions about the Writing Exchange, the Intensive Russian Language Program, or any other aspect of the American Home‘s work – please contact me by September 1, 2013 (david.matthew.johnson at vanderbilt.edu).

For more information about the American Home, please visit www.serendipity-russia.com<http://www.serendipity-russia.com/> and http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-American-Home-in-Vladimir-Russia/184076861289. There you will find information about our programs and links to an introductory video, our blog, and Face Book page. Below you will find brief information about three programs: Alternative Spring Break in Russia 2014, Intensive Russian Program, American English Program Teaching Positions.

Sincerely,

David M. Johnson
Coordinator, Intensive Russian Program, American Home (Vladimir, Russia)
Lecturer in Russian, Vanderbilt University

OTHER AMERICAN HOME PROJECTS: INFORMATION AND DEADLINES

1) Alternative Spring Break in Russia – Application Deadline October 15, 2013 (www.serendipity-russia.com/edex.html<http://www.serendipity-russia.com/edex.html>)

VLADIMIR: Help several community organizations, including the Youth Health and Education Center, Karl Liebnicht Orphanage, Russian Orthodox Church, Handicapped Children's Association “Light” and others, while interacting with Russian university students and experiencing the delight and wonder of provincial Russia.

MUROM: Help university students at the Murom Institute (an affiliate of Vladimir State University) to improve their English language skills; help prepare audio and video materials for their English language program.

Pictures:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151290800166290.1073741825.184076861289&type=1

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150585601736290.373606.184076861289&type=1

Blog: