Reviving one's knowledge of Russian

Brian Low lowbrian at GMAIL.COM
Mon Aug 26 20:53:48 UTC 2013

I have volunteered to run a U3A group to revive/practise Russian for people with an intermediate or advanced knowledge of the language. U3A ("University of the Third Age") is an organisation for older/retired people who help each other to learn. The format would be that half a dozen people would come to my house and we would study together. I would be learning along with the others - I did my degree in 1969 and haven't done much with it since then.

I'm planning how to organise the time if the group gets going. For example, it would be useful if there was an Internet TV channel in Russian which provided the written text of recorded programmes. We could study the text and then watch the programme. Does anyone have any suggestions? Any other ideas?

Thanks,
Brian