TOC: Ab Imperio 2-2013: Freedom and Order: Interpreters and Intermediaries - Entrepreneurs of Groupness

SG sglebov at SMITH.EDU
Sat Aug 31 03:48:43 UTC 2013

Dear colleagues,

the editors of Ab Imperio are delighted to announce the release of the
second issue of the journal in 2013 with the thematic focus on Freedom
and Order: Interpreters and Intermediaries - Entrepreneurs of Groupness.

The journal's content is available via Ab Imperio website at
http://abimperio.net or Project Muse
http://muse.jhu.edu/journals/ab_imperio/toc/imp.2013.2.html

For information about subscription or inquiries about manuscript
submission please, contact the editors at office at abimperio.net,
ai_us at abimperio.net

Sergey Glebov

Ab Imperio 2-2013 Freedom and Order: Interpreters and Intermediaries -
Entrepreneurs of Groupness

I. Methodology and Theory

Heralds of Freedom
pp. 17-23
I. Gerasimov, S. Glebov, A. Kaplunovski, M. Mogilner, A. Semyonov

Kolonial'naia situatsia: teoreticheskii podkhod
pp. 29-64
Georges Balandier

Postcolonial Studies: A Political Invention of Tradition?
pp. 65-96
Jean-­François­ Bayart

The Postimperial Meets the Postcolonial: Russian Historical Experience
and the Postcolonial Moment
pp. 97-135
Ilya Gerasimov, Sergey Glebov, Marina Mogilner

II. History
Science and the Sacred in Buddhist Buryatia: The Politics of Chita's
Museum-Temple, 1899-1914
pp. 137-164
Julia Fein

Cultures of Statehood, Cultures of Revolution: Caucasian Revolutionaries
in the Iranian Constitutional Movement, 1906-1911
pp. 165-190
Moritz Deutschmann

Not Some British Colony in Africa: The Politics of Decolonization and
Modernization in Soviet Central Asia, 1955-1964
pp. 191-222
Artemy M. Kalinovsky

"Upbringing à la Dr. Spock:" Child-Care Manuals and Constructing
Normative Motherhood in the Soviet Union, 1954-1970
pp. 223-251
Natalia Chernyaeva

IV. Sociology, Anthropology, Political Science / Социология,
антропология, политология
Nation and Liberation: Remembering the National Movement for
Independence (1987-1991) in Post-Soviet Lithuania
pp. 253-277
Neringa Klumbytė

VI. Newest Mythologies
>From Peace to Freedom: How Classical Music Became Political in the
Soviet Union, 1964−1982
pp. 279-297
Boris Belge

VII. Book Reviews

1. Historiography / Историография
Loskutnoe odeialo istorii, ili istoricheskoe soobshchestvo v epokhu
politizatsii ego akademicheskogo polia
pp. 298-326
Ivan Kurilla

2. Reviews
We Modern People: Science Fiction and the Making of Russian Modernity by
Anindita Banerjee (review)
pp. 327-335
Mikhail Suslov

Russia's Historical Memory: Strict-Security or Hybrid?
pp. 336-345
Sergey Toymentsev

>From Sovietology to Postcoloniality: Poland and Ukraine from a
Postcolonial Perspective ed. by Janusz Korek (review)
pp. 345-349
Irene Sywenky

Historyka. Studia Metodologiczne ed. by Klemens Kaps and Jan Surman
(review)
pp. 350-353
Iryna Vushko

Antropologia akademicheskoi zhizni: mezhdistsiplinarnye issledovania by
G. A. Komarova (review)
pp. 354-359
Руслан Рахимов

Kodiak Kreol: Communities of Empire in Early Russian America by Gwenn A.
Miller (review)
pp. 360-363
Monica Cognolato

Die korrupte Provinz? Russische Beamte im 19. Jahrhundert by Susanne
Schattenberg (review)
pp. 364-366
Wim van Meurs

Jahrbücher für Geschichte Osteuropas

. Neue Folge. 2012. Bd. 60. Heft 4. Themenschwerpunkt: Visuelle
Geschichte Russlands im XIX. Jahrhundert / Gastherausgeber Klaus Gestwa,
Katarina Kucher. pp. 367-373
Denis Sdvizhkov

Russia in 1913 by Wayne Dowler (review)
pp. 373-380
Giovanni Savino

Public and Private Life in Soviet Society Through Lewis H. Siegelbaum's
Research
pp. 381-387
Dorena Caroli

Rosja i narody. Ósmy kontynent. Szkic dziejów Eurazji by Wojciech
Zajączkowski (review)
pp. 388-396
Dmitrii Shevchuk

Postsovetskie gosudarstva ed. by Jean Radvanyi (review)
pp. 396-399
Larisa Leshchenko

"Russkii vopros" v nezavisimom Kazakhstane: Istoriia, politika,
identichnost' by M. Laruelle, S. Peyrouse (review)
pp. 400-405
Nartsiss Shukuralieva

Наши Авторы
pp. 406-408