2014 ASEEES panel on Georgia

Long, Michael Michael_Long at BAYLOR.EDU
Wed Dec 18 03:36:27 UTC 2013

Dear Colleagues--
I'm proposing a panel for the 2014 ASEEES conference in San Antonio tentatively titled "Stalin's Legacy in post-Soviet Georgian Culture." We have a discussant and two papers. Paper one will be on portrayals and remembrances of Stalin in contemporary Georgian literature. Paper two will be on the controversy surrounding Stalin monuments in contemporary Georgia. We need one more paper and a chair. The third paper can be related to virtually any discipline, including fine arts, politics, etc. Please reply off the listserv to Michael_Long at baylor.edu.
Thanks!

Michael Long, PhD
Professor of Russian
Baylor University