A few words of Bulgarian

Robert Chandler kcf19 at DIAL.PIPEX.COM
Sat Dec 21 06:40:20 UTC 2013

Dear all,

Thanks to everyone for their helpful replies.  My apologies for not providing more context.  This is from a book by Patrick Leigh Fermor.  The editor isn't wanting to correct Fermor's broken Bulgarian, just wanting to check that fonts haven't got garbled.

Here are a few more lines:
They told me they were off to Vatopedi too, and that if I waited for ten minutes they would be back with another horse. After waiting in the falling snow, walking round in circles, for nearer twenty minutes, I decided it wasn’t good enough, so wrote deep in the snow with my stick: СТУДЕНО ТУКА. ОТИВАМ ЗА ВАТОПЕД! (Cold here, off to Vatopedi!)

All the best,

Robert