Call for Applications: AUCA-Bard semester and *NEW* Summer Program in Bishkek

Helen Zincavage hzincava at BARD.EDU
Thu Feb 7 14:56:48 UTC 2013

Greetings from Bard College and the American University of Central Asia!

We are now accepting applications for the AUCA-Bard Fall 2013 and Academic Year 2013-2014 programs. The AUCA-Bard Study Abroad Program offers intellectually adventurous students a unique opportunity to study alongside peers from 25 different countries at the American University of Central Asia, one of the region's most prestigious English-language universities. Students undertake a full course load, pursuing their academic interests while living in one of Central Asia's most dynamic cities. Outside of the traditional classroom, participants develop a fuller understanding of the region's history and contemporary development through a full cultural program and internship/volunteer opportunities.

In the AUCA-Bard Program students will:

>Select courses from AUCA's wide-ranging liberal arts curriculum, including courses in Anthropology, Ecology and Geography,
  Economics, Film and Theater, Literature, International and Comparative Politics, Journalism and Mass Communications,
  Mathematics, Psychology, History and Sociology
>Improve proficiency in the Russian and/or Kyrgyz language
>Receive personalized academic advising and guidance
>Participate in a rich cultural program, including museum trips, theater visits, and a trip to another Central Asian country
>Live with local peers in the AUCA dormitory
>Engage in all aspects of student life at AUCA, including extra-circular clubs and activities

Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. The deadline for the Fall 2013/Academic Year 2013-2014 program is April 1, 2013.

At the IILE, we strive to make study abroad programming accessible by offering several scholarship opportunities. More information about scholarships can be found on the program website, auca.bard.edu.

The *NEW* AUCA-Bard Summer Language School application is also active. Applications for the eight-week program are due on April 15, 2013. Students can select an intensive course of language study focusing on Russian, Kyrgyz, Uzbek, Tajik, Uighur or Dari. More information about the SLS can be found on the program website, auca.bard.edu/summer.

Any questions about the program or the application process can be directed to auca at bard.edu or 845-758-7110.

Best wishes for the spring semester,

Helen Zincavage

International Program Coordinator