Study abroad in Russia with anthropology/archaeology focus?

Renee (Stillings) Huhs renee at ALINGA.COM
Thu Feb 21 18:02:42 UTC 2013

Dear SEELANGERs,

I would like to bring your attention to two program options with SRAS that
may be of interest to students of anthropology and potentially archaeology
as well.

Eurasian Culinary Studies (http://www.sras.org/eurasian_culinary_studies) is
a 4-week program based in Kiev and including travel to Crimea and Georgia.
This program combines language study (with an emphasis on food!) with a
course in culinary anthropology of Eurasia. In my opinion the best way to
really explore that region. Students looking to spend more time abroad can
easily extend the language study portion in Kiev - or even at one of our
other locations in Russia.

Another option is to combine our Russian as a Second Language program with a
Russian Folklore Expedition
(http://www.sras.org/russian_folklore_expedition) - list of 2013 expeditions
is listed at
http://www.russianfolklorefriends.org/2013folkloreexpeditions.html. While
the application for the folklore expedition is done directly with American
Friends of Russian Folklore, we (SRAS) assist with coordinating visas with
any additional study.

Best,

Renee

Renee Stillings