Study abroad in Russia with anthropology/archaeology focus?

Renee (Stillings) Huhs renee at ALINGA.COM
Thu Feb 21 18:59:41 UTC 2013

Anyone looking for info on this see
http://www.uarctic.org/catalogueSearch.aspx?m=33 - and in the search field
enter "Yakutia" and you will see the links to information. I don't know
anything about it - just curious and so sharing the info I found. Quite
inexpensive, but students contemplating should look closely at the costs of
getting to Yakutia as I believe that is one of those destinations that
prices flights based on the fact that the majority of people going there are
dealing in diamonds .

  _____

From: SEELANGS: Slavic & East European Languages and Literatures list
[mailto:SEELANGS at LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf Of Ludmila Lavine
Sent: Thursday, February 21, 2013 10:37 AM
To: SEELANGS at LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: [SEELANGS] Study abroad in Russia with anthropology/archaeology
focus?

Dear Elizabeth,

My anthropology colleague mentioned the following: the Arctic University
(really a virtual university) has summer language and culture programs in
Yakutsk (language of study is Russian; culture is local Sakha).

Best,
Luda

On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 2:52 PM, Elizabeth Skomp