Russian Films Appropriate for High School Showing

David Powelstock pstock at BRANDEIS.EDU
Mon Jan 14 03:15:51 UTC 2013

How about "Stiliagi"?

It also depends on what aspect of Russian cinema you're trying to
represent. If you're looking to focus on modern history, for example,
"Burnt by the Sun" might be a good choice, but the vibe is entirely
different, to put it mildly.

By the way, it makes me so happy that you are teaching Russian in high
school!
Cheers,
David

David Powelstock
Assoc. Prof. of Russian and Comparative Literature
Chair, Comparative Literature
Director, Master of Arts in Comparative Humanities
Brandeis University
Waltham, MA 02453