Russian writers and the Volga famine of 1921

Helen Halva hhalva at MINDSPRING.COM
Mon Jan 14 16:04:29 UTC 2013

Boris Pil'niak at least worked with an Anti-Hunger agency in Kolomna,
where he lived, in 1921.  Famine conditions were described in his first
novel, _Golyi god_, but they were previous to 1921. With more time I may
be able to identify more of his famine-related activity.
HH