Kum

Gasan Gusejnov gusejnov at GMAIL.COM
Fri Jul 26 20:02:27 UTC 2013

Muireann,
kum is an extremely difficult case. Lina Bernstein gave a very good spoor
with the "gossip".

The GULag meaning - "стукач" is going back to an older meaning "somebody
too close, who knows everything about you, and is your friend and nearly
brother, a buddy, but could become a real danger if..." Have a look at
Dahl's proverbs and some hints in Dostoevsky - в Записках из мертвого дома.

gg