Film Question - US and Russia in Each Other's Films

Karen Timko ktimko at UMAIL.IU.EDU
Wed Jul 31 15:37:19 UTC 2013

Dear Ben,

About a year ago, I had a fabulous time comparing Ninotchka and Цирк (and
the respective stereotypes of Russian/Soviet women & culture vs American
women & culture) for a class.  I was quite shocked that I was unable to
find an article already written on the topic.  The films are mirror images
of one another in some ways.

All best,
Karen Timko