Film Question - US and Russia in Each Other's Films

James Beale James at RUSSIA-ON-LINE.COM
Wed Jul 31 15:46:25 UTC 2013

Telefon with Charles Bronson, Lee Remick and Donald Pleasance

James Beale

Russia Online, Inc.

From: SEELANGS: Slavic & East European Languages and Literatures list
[mailto:SEELANGS at LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf Of Sentinel76 Astrakhan
Sent: Wednesday, July 31, 2013 11:21 AM
To: SEELANGS at LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: [SEELANGS] Film Question - US and Russia in Each Other's Films

"Golden Eye" and a number of 007 movies including one of my favorite
Russia-related movie moments of all time in "Moonraker":

CIA operative:  "Sorry to have awaken you, General!"
Soviet General:  "How can I sleep?  Problems, problems, nothing but
problems..." (turning towards a hot babe in his bed)

Also:

Snatch ("Boris the Bullet Dodga!")
Bourne Supremacy

>From the Russian side:

Jack Vos'merkin - Amerikanets
Kapitan Vrungel
Odinochnoe Plavanie

Hope this helps,
Vadim

P.S.  So nobody is interested in taking a look at Vysotsky's "Oshibka
Vyshla"?

> Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2013 10:43:52 -0400
> From: rifkin at TCNJ.EDU
> Subject: [SEELANGS] Film Question - US and Russia in Each Other's Films
> To: SEELANGS at LISTSERV.UA.EDU
>
> Dear Colleagues:
>
> I'm putting together a series of US and Russian films that depict both
cultures. I have a couple of Russian films to start with - Brat 2, American
Daughter, Barber of Siberia - but I'd appreciate suggestions of more Russian
films that depict Americans and American films that depict Russian
characters and Russian culture. All I'm coming up with are these: